Thursday, May 11, 2006

OK, so my boss likes me, he likes my work (for the most part) and I got a 10% raise. But there were other things said that were not so much positive as different and I'm still not sure what I am going to do about it.

They want me to change my career path slightly and become an estimator for them. This would mean a lot more schooling (which is probably the most exciting part) but also starting fresh again. The good thing would be that I will be responsible for a lot more of the company's outreach and it will give me an opportunity to schmooz with all kinds of people. Networking people, Networking.

So I guess that I will follow the estimating path. There isn't enough estimating to do it full time but I'll give it a try and still do my own work. I'm so un-busy right now that I think of calling in sick every day. Today I did that but just for the morning. When I got here at noon I still had no messages, faxes, or new work to do. So now I am blogging.

I would be much happier right now if I was busy at work.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?