Monday, March 20, 2006

What is my goal in life? I'm giving this a lot of thought lately, and based on a conversation that I had with Michelle (she may have thought we were talking about something else, mind you) I have decided that life is basically just about living.

We spend all our efforts to live, and when that no longer takes up our every waking hour then we need other things. So we develop a social life, we develop hobbies, we get bored. Then we work, but the only reason we work is so that we can support all these habits that we have. And we find a job, and then we find another job, and another. But basically, we're all out there looking for the job that will pay us to do what we love. That job doesn't have to pay us a lot, just 'enough'. There is obviously a wide gap there, when it comes to enough. Like for example, I need enough so that my loans can be paid off and I can eat sushi once a week and I can read as many books as I want. Of course, now I'm being paid too much, so I now need to make car payments and mortgage payments, and other things because my habits have enlarged to meet my boredom and income. But I need more money because I'm bored pretty much all the time.

So I want to take up some hobbies: golfing in the summer, skiing in the winter, fall and spring: biking/hiking. So now, all I need is a job that will allow me to do those hobbies, maintain my habits and not bore me any more than I already am.

I think my chances of finding that job are near zero, or at least as close to zero as one can get.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?