Friday, March 03, 2006

It's lonely to be alive in the 21st Century. Modern technology isolates us more, even as it makes it easier to interact with people farther away.

I am so looking forward to sushi tonight. Mother-shit! I think I can already taste it! And a bunch of people will be there and the food will be good and I will have like 15 beers and I will make a fool of myself and I will say stupid shit and people will laugh at me and then I will go home and sleep it off.

Then Tomorrow!!!!! It's Raynna day, or at least Raynna morning!! I will see my friend again for a few hours, have some breakfast, coffee and jawing (that's talking)! Shit! I just remembered I have to make her a CD. I will do that today at work if I have time.

Then it is off to Edmonton to see my cousin Debbie! I am looking forward to seeing her. When I saw her last weekend she looked so good! So fabulous I was just flabbergasted! And I saw her new husband Darryl as well, and he's well, but he actually looks worse than Debbie. I think this is all very hard on him, mentally that is, and Debbie's parents aren't making it any easier. Me, I'm on Debbie's side but there seems to be two camps on Debbie's side and I'm not picking either of them.

For those of you who do not know Debbie, she is my cousin on my Mom's side, my favorite and closest cousin on that side as well. She has a new set of lungs as of two weeks ago and she is now recovering in intensive care. She was very ill before the transplant and I wasn't sure she would make it to March. But Hallelujah (if you believe in all that G-d mumbo jumbo) she got lungs at the last possible moment and now she is recovering and looking good. So that's that. I'm so elated when I think about her new lungs, it's as if they were my new lungs as well!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?