Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Brutal. Disgusting and altogether disquieting. It has now been 3 months since my last blog. And my birthday was in there. There was probably lots to blog about but really no time to do it. So, I apologize. Forgive me and get on with the show.

The project in Lethbridge is finished. Opened on time and probably on budget (we won't know that for another month). It was a huge project, massive in scale, scope, risk, and cost but we pulled it off in the end. It is a great accomplishment and I had my entire job evolution on this project. Starting out as a regular old labourer/safety assistant, I progressed to the safety assistant/assistant to the Site Superintendent, by the end I was a site-super in my own right, responsible for my own part of the building. Now, they have promoted me to an office position, given me a salary and a cubicle. This now means no more 6 month stints in far-off places, no more 72 hour work weeks, no more phone calls at 2 in the am.

So basically, I'm a Calgary resident again, with a lot of spare time on my hands because of a greatly reduced workload. Call me anytime for an evening out on the town, just don't expect me out after 10 pm, I still have to start early.

Basically, that $2400 course that I was whining about in the last blog has gotten me a $10,000 a year raise and a cushy office job. Maybe I should take it back? Nah, it was still a painfully stupid class, it basically taught me what I already knew but in an approved format.

I have just returned from a much-needed and all-too-short vacation out to Kelowna and Vancouver. I watched a couple of concerts, read a couple of books (see here for reviews). Basically relaxed and enjoyed myself, two things I've been wanting to do since my birthday.

Well, that's it for now. I will try to keep in better touch if I can.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?