Monday, September 20, 2004

It has been much too long since my last post. One week, I really should be slapped for that gap! I have plenty of excuses though, hopefully each will find one that is acceptable to them. I've been sick, still not fully recovered, from that same head-cold that I got last week. I have been busy, working Saturday and doing lots of stuff on Sunday. But most importantly, I've been reading. American Pastoral, by Philip Roth, and I only just finished 2 minutes ago. I'm not yet ready to post about the book, I need some time to absorb it before I regurgitate my feelings.

The ending was strange, and I just need time to assimilate that strangeness into my impression of the book. What a very incomplete ending. Like Mr. Roth forgot to finish it and submitted it to the editors anyway, and the editors just went ahead and published it. Then, the Pulitzer prize was awarded to him based on the inconclusiveness of the ending. All very strange. I will expand more tomorrow, I promise.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?