Friday, May 14, 2004

I am now back in Calgary. Looks like Quesnel is going to miss me, and I Quesnel, but the transient life I lead compells me to move on. I will be in Vegas so soon that Calgary is like a stopover, but I suppose I'll do some work while I'm here. Gonna put up some forms, gonna fill em with concrete, gonna get a paycheck. That's about it.

I just finished American Gods by Gaiman, and that was an interesting book. Thanks to Mr. R for recommending it! It's quite a diversion from my normal Pulitzer prize winners but the story was very good and I didn't want to put the book down. It's one that I would recommend to someone wanting to read something different. It's a work of pure fiction, there is no reality involved and yet it felt like a very real account of a man and his life. I got it and that makes me pleased.

I saw Van Helsing on the weekend. I couldn't believe the intricacy of the plot, and then, it all unravelled because there weren't any twists. Like LXG it combined the stories of several literary miscreants, but unlike LXG there were no twists, it was like a kids version of LXG, dumbed down so that even a five year old would be able to figure it out before it ended. Why does Hollywood have to ruin such good ideas?

Anyways, I'm off for now. Going to see a movie this weekend, maybe with Mr. Poker!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?