Thursday, January 29, 2004

I am currently reading Dr. Zhivago and I have fallen in love with the novel. Having read Dostoevsky, Lermontov, and now Pasternak I have come to a new respect for the Russian Novel.

Now my goal is to write a novel comparable to these, while at the same time keeping true to the canadian middle-class perspective that I hold.

But my god, they are gifted. I can't believe how brilliantly they've captured life. I read it and I get strange feelings, ones that a person like me might never get. This novels have helped me understand society's current situation more than any contemporary literature that I've read. I have fallen in love and now I must flatter them by trying to reproduce it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?