Monday, November 03, 2003

Still, and glady so, in New Orleans! Finished Confederacy of Dunces by Toole. An amazing novel on its own and to read it in New Orleans gives special meaning.

David and I have been spending a great deal of time on Magazine Street. There are no tourists there, only real (or at least transplanted) New Orleanians. The food is, as I've mentioned, still very good. The catfish Po' Boy I had last night was excellent, as was the potato salad made with creole mustard. I also had Eggs Sardou at a lovely little breakfast place right in the middle of a residential area. Spinach and Artichoke seasoned to perfection in place of Canadian bacon makes Eggs Benedict into Eggs Sardou. Grits are tasteless things but filling if one is hungry. And the Banana Pecan (Peh-cawn) Pancakes are mouth-wateringly, delicately, fatteningly pure heaven.

I am spending a lot of time with David and he is tiring of me quickly but I have only 2 more days left to enjoy New Orleans before moving on. I hope he forgives me after I leave for all the running around I force him to do. Tonight is another night and I'll have a report for y'all when i get back to a computer. Have fun in the cold, it's still 80F here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?