Thursday, June 26, 2003

Man, it sure has been a long time since my last post. But I'm OK, I mean I haven't died of SARS or anything. Though I think I have an allergic virus that is causing my lungs to fill with post-nasal drip.

Currently on the reading list: The Idiot by Dostoevsky, Heart of Darkness by Conrad

I just finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The book is good, but it isn't as good as the last one. In fact, I would say that it's back to the first one that we've gone. Avada Kadavera? Just saying those words doesn't scare me. There are many things worse than death, and hence Voldemort should employ those things. Why doesn't he? He's not scary. Attacking a bunch of kids? Get real. Miss Rowling seems to have lost some of her inventiveness in favor of losing her writing block.

Not saying that I won't read the next one. I will, I'll even pay for it, but could she return to her previous glory??

Anyway, currently playing in my head: Victoria Williams - Crazy Mary, and Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?